Shahrukh Khan and Makrand Deshpande are not friends

Shahrukh Khan and Makrand Deshpande are not friends: Makrand Deshpande, the "Makdee" guy, has come to be better known as Shah Rukh Khan's friend in recent times, thanks to his directorial venture "Shahrukh Bola Khoobsurat Hai Tu", which revolves around Shah Rukh complementing a girl for his looks and how that affects her life.

Shah Rukh also makes a special appearance in the film. But Makrand dispels all misconceptions about his relationship with the superstar. "Shahrukh is not my friend; it is he who calls me his friend," he clarifies and goes on to elaborate, "SRK and I have known each other before we worked together in " Circus" but I have never called him my friend.


Bollywood is mostly about professional contacts." So what about news that the SRK had had a falling out with his friends in Bollywood? "When people have worked with Shah Rukh for years, they start considering him their friend. But a man like him, I doubt, has time to either keep his friends happy or fight with them. And these rifts come when he can't do favours for his friends," replies the filmmaker.

But according to Makrand, Shah Rukh was not irreplaceable for his film, though he was the first choice. "I don't think any other Khan in the industry can have the same impact as SRK has on others. There is a clear difference between his aura and others'," he says. But if not Shah Rukh, the film then would have been based on Mr Perfectionist in Bollywood. "Though it would not impact a girl much if Aamir told her ki tu khoobsurat hai, yet he would be my second choice for the movie since he is a very good teacher and even in real life people listen to him," he reasons.

But his upcoming film aside, Makrand has also been playing cameos in films and serials. However, his cameo in "Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi" extended into a rather long one. "TV doesn't interest me much, and I made an appearance on "Kyunki..." only because of the continuous persistence of Ekta Kapoor. She told me that it was like a cameo and I only had to shoot for eights days. But unfortunately, as I would call it, the character picked up so well that I was told I can't leave the show just like that and had to shoot for several months before I could call it quits. I became the hot topic of discussion among women at kitty parties," laughs Makrand, who will now be playing another cameo in the serial "Bhagowali".

And Makrand believes that it is his signature style – the overgrown hair and the salt-and-pepper beard – that fetches him roles. So want as much as he may, to change his look, he can't. "In our industry the acting prowess of an actor is hardly put under consideration; it is basically his looks and his popularity that is kept in mind while handing out roles. This weird look of mine has been quite popular. People like to see me like this and so writers write roles keeping my look in mind. My next films "My Friend Pinto" and "Guzaarish" with Sanjay Leela Bhansali have me in almost the same look," he shares, adding, "I am excited about the latter because I've worked with my favourite lady in Bollywood, Aishwarya Rai in the film. And thanks to Hrithik who suggested my name for the small role that I have in the

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2014 Brees India - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Template By FIANESIA Diberdayakan oleh Blogger