I pray to God to make me a girl in my next life too: Kareena

She celebrates Diwali with minimal fuss. But this year with Golmaal 3 releasing on the same day, it has become a good enough reason to bring in the festival with aplomb. “Fun, colour and stunts with a lot of masala are the perfect ingredients of the Golmaal series that make for a blockbuster dish. And that is exactly what the audience is looking for during Diwali,” smiles Kareena Kapoor, looking ethereal in a casual top and loose trousers minus make-up.

The actress
elaborates that this time round every actor in the film has a different character. In contrast to the jealous housewife that she played in the second edition, she is essaying a tomboy in Golmaal 3. “Daboo (my character) is very different from anything I have essayed before. She speaks roadside lingo, dresses like a hippie and is like one of the guys. I am more like a hero and even make my entry standing atop a car,” she says.

The pretty actress

confesses that she is exactly the opposite off-screen. “I always did the proper things as a young girl. Even today I’m very feminine and like to dress in chic outfits. In fact, I pray to God to make me a girl again in my next life. We don’t have complicated brains like boys,” she laughs.

She asserts that she’s one of the few actresses who is constantly experimenting, whether it’s her endorsements or roles. “Experimenting does not mean that I don various costumes or use different make-up. It has to be a challenging role. I’m trying my hand at comedy in Golmaal 3. It is difficult as you have to be alert even when your co-star is saying his dialogues. But it’s easy to shed tears. Not only is it easy to portray but I also enjoy doing it on-screen,” she says.

Quiz her about the emotional scenes in her last film We Are Family and the effervescent actress smiles, “I haven’t seen the film! You know, I hardly see any of my movies as I don’t like to watch myself on-screen. The last film I saw was 3 Idiots and I might watch Golmaal3.

The light-eyed beauty will also be busy in the coming months as she soon starts filming for the second schedule of Agent Vinod with beau Saif Ali Khan, and then heads to Las Vegas with Imran Khan for Karan Johar’s Short Term Shaadi. She will return to India for the last schedule of Ra.One with Shah Rukh Khan and then start work with Salman Khan for Bodyguard. “There is only that much I can do! And I have no time between all these Khans to work with anyone else as of now!

But what if she were offered a Hollywood project? “I already have so much work here. If it’s a fabulous role like Anilji’s (Anil Kapoor) in Mission Impossible 4, then I would go for it!” she says dreamily.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2014 Brees India - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Template By FIANESIA Diberdayakan oleh Blogger